James, Aria & Sasha

“Blessed and happy is he that ariseth to promote the best interests of the peoples and kindreds of the earth.” -Bahá’u’lláh

“Do not be content with showing friendship in words alone, let your heart burn with loving kindness for all who may cross your path.” -‘Abdul-Bahá

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Unfortunately my Dad went through another tough night last night. He hardly slept and was in a lot of pain.
Finally, today a group of doctors came in who knew his history and had lots of very specific questions for him. They're getting x-rays and cat scans and lists of all the medication he's been taking (here and in Costa Rica) and we feel a bit more encouraged that they're going to come up with some sort of plan that will keep him pain free and hopefully be able to balance it so that he doesn't feel constipated, nauseated or dehydrated.
We picked up Lisa from the airport last night. My Dad (and the rest of us) was very happy to see her this morning.
He will be in the hospital for a couple more days at least. The hope is to get this all figured out by the end of next week, after his appointments with the Oncologist and Urologist, and they get him stable, so that they can travel back to Costa Rica where they can continue with the treatment from home.

We're so thankful for all your emails, phone calls, and loving thoughts and prayers.

2 Comments:

  • At August 29, 2007 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Aria, I don't know how to write to you any other way so, here's a note I hope you get ! My prayers join those so many others that Jere deserves, he and all of you are in my daily thoughts and most wonderful memories! To Jere, you deserve the best of everything, and I'm certain that only happiness and joy will be yours! In this time of pain, I wish I could take some of that off of your strong shoulders, but only through my prayers of love can I do this, I hope you will accept them, warm Baha'i love, Leonard E, p.s. Layli's gonna have a baby in April !!!!!!

     
  • At August 30, 2007 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you soooo very much for keeping us posted we love you all so very much Valeria has been saying Prayers every night for Jeri May God bless you all in this very hard time. Tom and Jerri solan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home