James, Aria & Sasha

“Blessed and happy is he that ariseth to promote the best interests of the peoples and kindreds of the earth.” -Bahá’u’lláh

“Do not be content with showing friendship in words alone, let your heart burn with loving kindness for all who may cross your path.” -‘Abdul-Bahá

Friday, December 28, 2007

Dad's Memorial

We had a very dignified memorial for my Dad.
The family each read a prayer or writing. My brothers, Colin and David, sang a beautiful Hidden Word: "O Son of Man! If thou lovest Me, turn away from thyself; and if thou seekest My pleasure, regard not thine own; that thou mayest die in Me and I may eternally live in thee." - Baha'u'llah
Moad Grasselli sang "Ya-Baha'u'llah-Abha" and Juliet Seals sang "Blessed is the Spot".
Then we watched a sweet video of my Dad's life which was prepared so perfectly and tenderly by David. Finally, friends shared stories and thoughts about him. Everyone has been touched in a very particular way by my Dad. Everyone was important to him and he thought at all times of being of some service to everyone who crossed his path.
I feel so incredibly proud of being his daughter. And I'm so thankful for my Mom. She took such good care of him throughout his life, and especially these last six months as his condition worsened. She has always been his loving, supportive companion and teammate, and will keep him in her heart as she devoutly carries on the work of the Cause.
Please keep her in your prayers along with my Dad.
Thank you to all those who attended the memorial service, and for everyone's loving and supportive emails and phone calls.







The memorial was held on our back porch. Friends filled these 70 or so chairs and stood on the sides and in the back.



The video of his life was projected onto this wall:

Food was served here:



We printed out everyone's loving emails and blog comments. People were free to read through them and add their own:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home