James, Aria & Sasha

“Blessed and happy is he that ariseth to promote the best interests of the peoples and kindreds of the earth.” -Bahá’u’lláh

“Do not be content with showing friendship in words alone, let your heart burn with loving kindness for all who may cross your path.” -‘Abdul-Bahá

Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Mom just sent this email:

Dad is having some trouble with motion sickness. He gets nauseated when he moves or the light changes. So they're going to do a head scan today to see if anything is happening there. They're also concerned about a new tumor in his spine that is dangerously close to the nerves. It seems like we make progress in some areas and then go backwards in others. We had hoped to return home by next week, but are still not sure. Colin will fly down when we're ready to go so that I won't have to make the trip by myself with Jere should an emergency arise.
...
We have to talk to the radiologists today and find out if he still qualifies for the strontium shot and how much time in between does he need in order to begin chemotherapy.
Meanwhile, I'm comfortable here at the guest house next to the hospital and am able to get an afternoon nap and go to bed early.

3 Comments:

  • At September 06, 2007 5:55 PM, Blogger d said…

    Hola,
    thanks for the update-I'm checking in on you guys daily (at least).
    Please let your parents know they are in my prayers and that I think about them a lot.
    Love, Darren

     
  • At September 06, 2007 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is there any phone number that we can call you Julie? I know that you are overwhilmed at this point with all that is going on and I just wanted to let you know how important these up dates have been to all of us. love you tom and jerri

     
  • At September 07, 2007 5:59 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Thank for the information... I was able to talk to your mum yesterday...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home